- Check the laws for the states you will be going through before you leave. In some states it is against the law to ride in the Left lane all the time. Some require you to slow down and if possible move over a lane when coming up on an Emergency vehicle on the side of the road.
- Put I.C.E. (in case of emergency numbers) in your phone so if something happens, EMT's can call them for you.
- Have a plan for if you get separated from the group you are riding with. Maybe stop when you see you are separated and if they don't catch up then start calling. If you are behind and lose the ones in front and are not sure if they took an exit, stop and call. One good rule of thumb is: if separated, always go to the first gas station on the right on the route.
- Don't forget: Sunscreen, rain gear, Driver License, Insurance cards, money, credit card, medical or insurance cards, camera, phone, charger, glasses and or contacts and their care supplies (if you need them). Over the counter pain reliever is also a good thing.
- Make sure your tires are good and the bike is in good running order, all lights work and the brakes are good.
- Try to get good nights sleep before heading out.
- Stop if you need to, don't push yourself beyond your limits!
- Drink lots of water!
- Make sure your Cell Phone is fully charged and that you have a charger with you so when you stop for the night you can charge it.
Last Modified: May 26, 2017